- Kids are still on holiday. It's been a looonnng holiday.... we have not/are not going away at all these hols, and its been a challenge to keep the kids entertained.
- At least the weather has still been lovely, so plenty of outdoors playing
- My boys are very into playing "ARMY" and war type games at the moment...
- Sadly, all these war games leave Little Miss on the side lines...something she is not used to, and not liking either! She usually comes running to me and asks if we can do girly stuff together... which usually results in her painting my toenails! But as soon as the boys are all army-ed out, she dumps me, and grabs her brother to go and ride bikes, or play outside.
- We have decided to go overseas at the end of the year. (Hence no holidays now) We will be spending Christmas in the UK, and then we are going skiing in Chamonix in January!
- I am sooo excited! Pete and I LOVE skiing... but the last time we went skiing was when I was 9 weeks pregnant with Ryan. But now we feel the kids are at an age when they can pick it up quickly, and we will be happy to leave them in ski school for the mornings whilst Pete and I hit the slopes, and then we will spend the afternoons on the slopes together.... falling and having fun. ... I cannot wait! And nor can Miss Madam:
- Last night we had a work function with Petes company at the Sandton convention centre. The company is celebrating its 100th year... which in this day and age and economic climate is no small feat.
- Because it is a global company, and this was such a milestone event, they wanted to use modern technology at its best, and hook up at every satelite centre worldwide with a live feed.
- Sounds all very normal and good on paper.... until you bring in the reality of time differences between California, London, Johannesburg, Perth, Shanghai, Vancouver etc... and you realise what a logistical nightmare this is!
- So the end result was, that for us in johannesburg, the function started at 9 pm, and then we went live around the world at midnight SA time!!
- This makes it a VERY late night for Pete and I... we are usually getting into bed at 9pm, not walking into a black tie function at the Sandton Convention Centre.
- So I went, warily, not expecting to have ANY fun at all.
- But it was totally awesome... which makes today not very awesome at all, as we crept into bed in the wee hours of this morning.
- A surprise of the evening was a live performance from Johnny Clegg. It was so amazing - like a personal concert from Johnny in your lounge.
- It started off rather stiff, with all the stiffs in suits sittting at their tables. So a few of us rebel wives decided to get up and go to the front and start taking advantage of this once in a life time personal performance from, arguably, SA's best musical performer.
- To begin with, there was only about 5 of us bopping at the front, but those of you who know johnny Cleggs music, and who have African roots, will know that it is very hard to sit in a chair whilst his tunes play. So we were slowly joined by a steady trickle of people.... until IMPI played. And then - every stiff in a suit took to the floor, and it was just amazing! From there he played all the usual suspects : scatterlings of Africa, Great heart, Cruel crazy beautiful world, Kilimanjaro, I call your name... and more.
- He is an amazing performer and dancer... wow- can you believe he is 59 yrs old?
- After the concert, it was just about midnight, so we all had to take our seats and then we crossed live to Dallas and to all the satellite centres worldwide.
- All in all - it was an amazing evening! We are just paying the price today ;)
- And ... in other news: I was the lucky winner of a R3000 Pandora bracelet and charms!
How beautiful? Thank you Child Magazine. Lucky me :) I was given a choice of pink or blue glass murano beads... and as you can see, I chose blue. The blue is just my colour... so all I need now is some more gorgeous charms ;)
And that is about all the news in the Weavers nest at the moment. Am going to have a quick catch up on all the other blogs now x x
Happy Sunday all